Mr. & Mrs. Malagamaalii

Mr. & Mrs. Malagamaalii

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Think before you speak


After giving birth to this sweet little girl, my husband and I decided to not take any type of birth control due to multiple side effects. Some looked at us crazy, but we figured it'd be better for us. Now this post is to clear up a few things about my little family and I. Recently, I posted a picture of a positive pregnancy test on April 1st. Yes, it was with intention to give my husband a little OMG moment, but mean it as an April fools joke. The day after I actually decided to really take a test because I had been a week late of getting my period. After two minutes of waiting, it finally showed. I tested positive!

Previous to this excitement, I was unknowingly pregnant around the third month after my daughter had been born. (Yeah yeah yeah. I've already heard all of the negativity from people so don't pass it my way). It actually can happen that you don't know you're pregnant until you see the doctor.

One day while at work, I was having the worst pains ever. I wanted to cry, but at the same time I knew I had to stay at work. It got to the point, where I told my boss what was going on and asked if I could leave early.

Since the pain came from the lower part of my body, I thought it was just because of the c-section, so I went to stop by my OB's office. Luckily his office is literally right down the road from my office. When I checked in everything seemed fine, until the nurse called me to the examine room and I felt my bottoms wet. I literally said out loud "I think I just pissed my pants..." The nurse looked immediately at my legs and saw blood. She asked if I was in pain at that time, but I wasn't. I was just confused.

The nurse told me to lay on the examine table while she finds the Dr. When the Dr. came into the room, he asked me about my pains, checked my incision, then examined me.

"Let's take a few deep breaths first...." My thoughts were "okay.....It's probably just my ma'i so what..." Then he said "It looks like you're experiencing a miscarriage." To be honest, I was completely sad, but at the same time not sad at all. Yes, I understood that I was going to a miscarriage. Yes, I understand what a miscarriage is. In the same light though, I thought how lucky and blessed I am to even have my daughter. The Dr. had to ask if I was okay and if I needed anything, but I let him know, everything is fine!

When I got home to my husband I told him about my day and told him about the doctors visit as well. To be honest, we were on the same page. No tears. No sad looks. Just thinking how incredibly blessed we are right now.

So back to the very beginning. I did post a picture on April 1st, that I was hapai with another on the way, with no idea that I really was. A few days after finding this out, I experienced yet another miscarriage.

I wanted to share this because of some miscommunication that others are having. Before sharing with the world your opinions that you have, make sure it won't hurt others. Think before you speak. Be considerate of others before saying things because you never know what they're actually going through.


No comments:

Post a Comment