Mr. & Mrs. Malagamaalii

Mr. & Mrs. Malagamaalii

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Be Humble

   For those who care/don't know Perry and I finally got married on February 21, 2014, in the Mount Timpanogos Temple for all time and eternity! Our reception felt more like a family reunion, which was more than okay for me. I loved the feeling of having both friends and family far and near come together to see each other again. At our reception my husband's (it use to sound weird, but now it just rolls off the tongue) grandmother reunited with her twin brother. We had no idea about this until a week after our reception.
My dad looks a little to excited to be giving me away...
  mmmm nahh I can't be hapai, I'll probably get it tomorrow. Well tomorrow came and still nothing. When I told my husband, he calmly asked "should we get a test?" Sure enough we went to walmart to get not one, but TWO test to absolutely make sure. The first that we took showed negative, which I'm not going to lie disappointed me, but not to the point where I got depressed. Two weeks later, I still haven't gotten my period. At this point, I'm like yeah I have to be pregnant because EVERYONE know's I do NOT exercise. Sure enough we took the second test and it showed positive! Of course I told my husband that I wouldn't tell anyone, but he already knew I had to tell someone. Obviously the first person I told was my best friend that just so happens to be my daughter's namesake.
 Maybe a month after we got married, I noticed that I was late on getting my period. At first I thought,
   Oops, did I really spill the beans? Yes I sure did! A few weeks later (really an eternity), we found out we were having a baby girl. This announcement was not the best/suppose to be this way, but we eventually told EVERYONE except for like three people in our family. I'm pretty sure you know who you are haha.
   Since we found out that we we're having a girl, I keep telling my husband that he is going to be wrapped around her finger. He keeps saying no, but we'll see!
   Being that I recently made my halfway mark, I've been tested and tried. The feelings of having me to punch someone in the face to wanting ice cream made me realize that I need to humble myself. With the recent trials that my husband and I are facing (no marital problems so little girls you can JAM), it has been 10x's the emotional ride for me. The most recent emotion that I've been crying about is being grateful!
   I've been crying almost every morning because of the overwhelming gratitude that I feel from my Heavenly Father. Not only do I have the chance to become a mother, which is the worlds most rewarding "job title" ever, but I get to experience the sacrifices that my mother had went through. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to give my children/child everything that I've ever received. The most important thing that I learned from my mother  that I could ever give to my child, is the love and nurture of a mother. When something decides to stand in my way and tries to bring my whole day down, I just think of the wonderful opportunity that I get to have as a women. Being humble is my main goal, which I know I can achieve!

No comments:

Post a Comment