Mr. & Mrs. Malagamaalii

Mr. & Mrs. Malagamaalii

Monday, August 18, 2014

Please Heavenly Father, don't let anything happen to our baby...

24 Weeks
    Can I just start off by saying being pregnant is so much fun? Although I don't have as much sleep as I did before (waking up almost every 3 hrs.), it still caps the fact that I'll be a mother SOON!

   On to the story. Last week I had one of the most highest scares of my life. When it happened I kept saying "yeah she did think too me". Anyways, last week Tuesday, I thought it would have been a great idea to go in to work early. Before I went in to work, I made me a small breakfast, the normal eggs and rice followed by two pop tarts. Overload on the sugar, I know, but I didn't think about that until after everything happened. When I got into work, everything seemed fine. I clocked in and started my day.

   After about two hours of work, my friend and I went on a walk around our building (telling secrets). This is where things got a little "hazy" for me. Instead of going back to my desk to take a little break, we stopped off at our friends office where it all began. After standing for what it seemed like forever (but it was really only a half hour), I started to get dizzy. Not knowing exactly what to do, I braced myself against our friends desk and slowly started to sit myself down. The only thing that I could think of was "Please Heavenly Father, don't let anything happen to our baby..." My co-workers and friends asked me if everything was okay and if I needed anything. The more they tried to talk to me, the more muffled their voices became. After sitting for what seemed like "a million years", everything started to come back to normal.

   The first thing that needed to happen was for me to receive a priesthood blessing. Believe it or not, I had a prompting to ask my boss for this blessing. Mind you this was not to get "special care" from my boss, but it was a feeling that I needed to go with.

   Before I spoke to my boss, I let my sister know what was going on so that she was not surprised/shocked/angry if she heard what had happened from someone else. Besides telling her what happened, I told her about the prompting I received. Her first look that she gave me was surprised. "Are you seriously going to ask him? What are you going to say?"  After thinking about what she said, I paused and asked myself, "How do I ask my boss (who does not know my background) if he could give me a priesthood blessing?"  

  Then before I could even think about anything, I found myself at my bosses office, with another priesthood holder and my sister. My boss looked at me with a puzzled face as I said "Mike, sorry to bother you. This question is not work related, but would you be able to give me a priesthood blessing?" He looked at me with a tear in his eye and gladly said yes. As I sat through this blessing all I could feel was peace and comfort to know that our precious angel will be just fine.

  I can't even begin to imagine where I would be without the worthy priesthood holders that we have in our lives. I'm blessed to have this wonderful blessing to become a mother and to have Heavenly Father trust me enough to raise a child here on earth. Although there are many trials that we go through, we are never alone. We always have the help of not only others, but we also ALWAYS have the help of our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment