Mr. & Mrs. Malagamaalii

Mr. & Mrs. Malagamaalii

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I am BEAUTIFUL and so are YOU

My whale moment
     I am BEAUTIFUL. I understand if YOU knew some women who are/were pregnant that thought they were/are ugly, but not all women are the same. Not everyone is the same. I'm not writing this to embarrass YOU in anyway, but for YOU to understand that it is not okay to think that women get UGLY at a certain stage of their pregnancy. Let alone it is not okay for ANYONE to say that someone is UGLY in anyway, whether it be male or female.

     Today was one of those days where I had to face a challenge. A challenge of not thinking before YOU say "...you're not ugly yet...pregnant women have these things on their face (the pregnancy mask) and their face gets swollen/fat. I'm telling you this because you know I'll tell you straight...Trust me I understand. I have a son". My first thought was "Is it worth it to punch YOU in the throat for saying this and lose my job?" Don't worry, instead I balled up my hands in to a fist and looked at YOU and said "That is not okay to say to ANYONE. Pregnant or not....It's not because I'm having emotions run through me all at once. YOU DON'T EVER SAY THAT TO ANYONE."

     Right at this moment. If I had one wish, it would be that YOU would just think, before YOU speak.

     Both male and female need to know that they are all BEAUTIFUL. We are all created in HIS (God's) image. No matter our weight, color or disability, EVERYONE is beautiful.

     Yes, what YOU said did hurt me, but it made me feel even more of a beautiful women. THANK YOU FOR THAT. I'm not boasting, but I've never felt that I was ugly. I always say that I feel like a whale because of my precious daughter, but never once did I feel that I was ugly. I'm grateful for a wonderful husband who still looks at me the same way he did on our very first date. I'm grateful for wonderful friends and family who continue to remind others that THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL.

I AM BEAUTIFUL AND SO ARE YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment